I have an mdb file that appears to have some corruption. I have run the "compact and repair database" utility several times. This utility runs without reporting any problems. However, there are about 5 forms of about 60 in the mdb file that, when modified cause MSAccess to crash. I have also tried to start with a blank mdb file and cutting and pasting every form, table, query, report, from the old file to the new file and the same problem occurrs with the same forms.
I am desperately hoping for some advice from somebody to hopefully help me save all the code that I have done and not have to build it again to get rid of the problems (it would really be a pain).
I've run across this a few times and it has geneerally ended up being easiest to rebuild the forms. the good news is that you may be able to cut and paste from code and objects from the old form. Providing you can even open them in design mode. Give it a try with one of the bad actors and see if the form still give s the problem.
Well, as a fluke I ended up finding out what the problem was. Turns out I had installed Access 2003, SP3. The SP3 got installed as part of the automatic update feature I have set up with MS. However, I had another computer that had this feature turned off and still had Access 2003 SP2. For some reason I ended up modifying the same code on this computer without any problems. So I started investigating why.
Turns out, Access 2003 SP3 has a nasty bug where the runtime code corrupts its memory and makes the code crash. The Compact and Repair does not detect any problems because there aren't any with the code. SP2 does not have this bug. So I downgraded all my workstations to SP2 and the problem was solved. I also downgraded my customers and have had no problems since.